Born 1956, Monticello, MN
Lives and works in Atlanta, GA
[ WEBSITE ]
[ EDUCATION ]
1987 Master of Fine Arts, California Institute of the Arts, Valencia, CA
1985 Master of Arts, Columbia College Chicago, Chicago, IL
1982 Bachelor of Fine Arts, University of Texas Austin, Austin, TX
[ SOLO EXHIBITIONS ]
- She's Got a Gun! Solomon Projects, Atlanta, GA
- James M. Floyd Memorial, Hallie Ford Museum of Art. Willamette University, Salem, OR
- Weathering Time, video projection, Solomon Projects, Atlanta, GA
- Weathering Time, mixed-media installation, Atlanta Contemporary Art Center, Atlanta, GA
- Stopping Power, Southern Light Gallery, Amarillo College, Amarillo, TX; Natalie and James Thompson Art Gallery, San Jose State University, San Jose, CA; University of the Redlands, Redlands, CA;
The WorkSpace Gallery, Boulder, CO; Cypress College Photographic Gallery, Cypress, CA
- Gun Studies, Da Vinci Art Gallery, Los Angeles, CA
- A Legacy of Choices in a Technological Era, Los Angeles Center for Photographic Studies, Los Angeles, CA
- Nuclear Families, Pittsburgh Filmmakers, Pittsburgh, PA
- Texas Tales of an American Family, Orange County Center for Contemporary Art, Santa Ana, CA
- Nuclear Families, Orange Coast Gallery, Costa Mesa, CA
- Nancy Floyd, Accent Photography Gallery, Austin, TX
- Nancy Floyd, Austin Photographic Gallery, Austin, TX A<
- Nancy Floyd, Texas Union Art Gallery, Austin, TX
[ PERFORMANCES ]
- All I Want is to Photograph and to be Photographed, University Theatre, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
- Photograph Play, University Theatre, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA. In collaboration with Gayle Austin and Constance J. Thalken.
- Shooting Lessons Here, School of Art and Design Galleries, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA; Center Space Salon, Woodruff Art Center, Atlanta, GA
[ SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS ]
- Heroines, Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, Madrid, Spain.
- POST-Her, Jackson Fine Art, Westside Project Space, Atlanta.
Rehearse, Rewind, Repeat: Photography, Video and Performance,
Seigfred Hall, Ohio University.
Hand in Hand, Athens Institute of Contemporary Art, Athens, GA.; The Chaffee Art Center, Rutland, VT, Western Kentucky University Gallery, Bowling Green KY.
- Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art Archive, Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn, NY.
FADE, Centre for the Living Arts, Mobile, AL.
What's Happening Now? Cherry Lion Gallery, Atlanta.
PHOTOGRAPHY: SOUTHEAST an Invitational Exhibition, McMaster Gallery, Columbia, SC.
- A Just Image: Selections from the Light Work Collection, Robert B. Menschel Media Center, Syracuse, NY.
- Game Face, Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art, Jacksonville, FL;
Arvada Center for the Arts, Arvada, CO; Fisher Gallery at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA;
Chicago Historical Society, Chicago, IL; Union Station, Kansas City, MO; Museum of Fine Arts in Springfield, MA;
NCAA Hall of Champions, Indianapolis, IN; The Women's Museum, Dallas, TX; University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT;
Smithsonian Institute, Washington, DC
- Transforming, Eyedrum Gallery, Atlanta, GA
- In Here, Atlanta Contemporary Art Center, Atlanta, GA
- Bitch School, Longwood Arts Project, Bronx, NY
- Atlanta Master Photographers Show, Visual Arts Gallery, Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA
- Hardware, Eyedrum Gallery, Atlanta, GA
- American Eyes, Gallery Eleven50, Atlanta, GA
[ AWARDS ]
- Artist-In-Residence, The Joshua Tree Highlands Artist Residency, Joshua Tree, CA.
Notice, One’s To Watch, Atlanta Celebrates Photography, One of ten artists.
- Atlanta Celebrates Photography Grant to participate in portfolio review.
- Best Art Installation, Critics Pick Award, Creative Loafing, Atlanta, GA. For Weathering Time.
- Weathering Time named one of the top ten art shows of the year, Creative Loafing, Atlanta, GA.
- Artist Project Grant, City of Atlanta Bureau of Cultural Affairs, Atlanta, GA.
- Atlanta Contemporary Art Center Studio Program
- Artist-In-Residence, Hambidge Center for Creative Arts and Sciences, Rabun Gap, GA.
- Finalist, The Andrea Frank Foundation, Inc., New York, NY.
- Artist-In-Residence, Light Work, Syracuse, NY.
[ BIBLIOGRAPHY ]
Kurzner, Lisa. "WANDERN*," Art Papers, September/October, pp.57-58.
Greer, Larissa. "Space Jam", Sunday Paper, May 27, p.53.
"ICFF Preview", Metropolis, April, p.138.
"Georgia Tech Ventulett Chair Installation", Dwell Magazine, February.
"From Architecture Students, A Sculptural Structure of Polycarbonate", The New York Times, 28 September.
Tuttle, Lisa. "Nancy Floyd." Sculpture, March, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp.70-71.
Cullum, Jerry. "A History Told in Popsicle Sticks." Atlanta Journal/Constitution, 13 December, Sec. Q, p. 6.
Fox, Catherine. "'Your House, Our House' is all Our Houses." The Atlanta Journal/Constitution, 26 November Sec. R, p. 8.
Dubin, Jan. "Stand By Your Gun." Los Angeles Times, 3 April, Sec. F, p. 2.
Wilson, William. "Underexposed: Some Gems in the Rough." Los Angeles Times, 6 August, Sec. F, p. 4.
Curtis, Cathy. "MillenniumÍs End Through a Lens, Darkly." Los Angeles Times, 7 December, Sec. F, p. 2.
Dubin, Zan. "Art Show Uses Space Seriously." Los Angeles Times, 14 August, Sec. F, p. 22.
Tuchman, Laura J. "Through a Lens Brightly." The Orange County Register, 31 July, Sec. L, pp. 3-6.
McWilliams, Martha. "The Nostalgia For War." New Art Examiner, February, pp. 26-31.
Hess, Elizabeth. "Carnage Knowledge." Village Voice, 27 October, pp.107-108.