Lives in New York, NY
[ EDUCATION ]
B.A. University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
[ AWARDS ]
New York Foundation for the Arts Fellowship in Computer Arts
Trustee's Award for an Emerging Artist, The Adrich Museum
of Contemporary Art, Ridgefield, CT
Pollock-Krasner Foundation, New York, NY
Marie Walsh Sharpe Art Foundation Space Program, New York,
[ SOLO EXHIBITIONS ]
- Stephan Stoyanov Gallery, Paths, New York,
- "Progress," Venetia Kapernekas Gallery,
New York, NY
- "Renderings," Galerie Bugdahn und Kaimer,
- "Data Deviation," Yoshiko Matsumoto Gallery,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- "Abstract Reality," Solomon Projects, Atlanta,
- "Claire Corey," Galerie Bugdahn und Kaimer,
- "Hybrid, Ten in One Gallery, New York, NY
- "The Verge: Claire Corey," Plains Art Museum,
- "Cyber Drawings," Christinerose Gallery,
New York, NY
- The Knitting Factory, New York, NY
[ SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS ]
- Luxe Gallery, Singular, New York, NY
- "Fantastic Routes," The Lab (in conjunction
with Galeria Galou), New York, NY
- "Artist as Alchemist," Brenau University,
- "Decipher: Hand Painted Digital," Rotunda
Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- "It's the Season to be Jolly," Yoshiko Matsumoto
- "Stay Positive," Mirella Arte Contemporanea,
- "Now Playing: Daniel Reich Gallery," John
Connolly Presents, K48, D'Amelio Terras Gallery, New York,
- "F'Abstraction," The Museum of Contemporary
Art, Washington, D.C.
- "The Undertones," Ten in One Gallery, New
- "K-48-3: Teenage Rebel -The Bedroom Show
(curated by Scott Hugg)," John Connolly Presents, New York,
- "Billboard Project," Socrates Sculpture
Park, Long Island City, NY
- "The Undertones," Ten in One Gallery, New
- "Painting as Paradox," Artists Space, New
- "Early Acclaim: Emerging Artist Award Recipients
1997-2001," The Aldrich Museum of Contemporary Art, Ridgefield,
- "Artist to Artist: ŠTen Years of the Marie
Walsh Sharpe Space Foundation," Ace Gallery, New York, NY
- "The Love Show," David Risley Gallery, London,
- "Abstraction," Jay Grimm Gallery, New York,
- "Claire Corey / Robin Michals," Venetia
Kapernekas Fine Arts, New York, NY
- "New Dimensions in Digital Art," Caldwell
College, New Jersey
- "Invitational Exhibition of Painting and
Sculpture," The American Academy of Arts and Letters, New
- "Fakespace," Here Gallery, New York, NY
- "Painting," Almost Painting, Christinerose
Gallery, New York, NY
- "Ink Jet," The Aldrich Museum of Contemporary
Art, Ridgefield, CT
- "Dirty Realism," Robert Pearre Gallery,
- "Against and Infinite Horizon," Caren Golden
Fine Art, New York, NY
- "Size Matters," Gale Gates et al., Brooklyn,
- "Road Show," DFN Gallery, New York, NY
- Sala de Expositiones CAM, Alicante, Spain
- Centre de Cultura Contemporania de Barcelona,
- Triennale di Milano, Milan, Italy
- Circulo de Bellas Artes, Madrid, Spain
- "Sixth Annual Digital Salon," Visual Arts
Museum, School of Visual Arts, New York, NY
[ BIBLIOGRAPHY ]
Auslander, Philip. "Reviews: Atlanta: Claire Corey, Solomon
Projects", ArtForum, March, p. 242-243.
Fyfe, Joe. "Review of Exhibitions: Claire Corey: Ten in One
Gallery", Art in America, March, p. 131-132.
"Künstlerporträt: Claire Corey", Vernissage Magazine,
Kunstler & Ausstellungen in Galerien, Herbst/Winter 2003/04,
p. 22-23, and p. 24-29.
Smith, Roberta. "Art Review: A Bread-Crumb Trail to the Spirit
of the Times", John Connolly Presents, New York Times, January
17, E41, 53.
Johnson, Ken. "Art Guide-Galleries: Chelsea, "Undertones",
The New York Times, January 3, p. E44.
Laster, Paul, "Art Reviews: 'K48-3: Teenage Rebel-Bedroom
Show'", Time Out New York, January 2-9, Issue No. 379:
Kerr, Merrily, "Spotlight: Painting as Paradox", Flash
Art, January / February, p. 107.
Johnson, Ken, "Art in Review: 'Painting as Paradox'", The
New York Times, December 13, p. E44.
Saltz, Jerry, "Painting a la Mode", The Village Voice,
December 4-10, p. 63.
Kontova, Helen, "Curating Painting: A Panel Discussion with
Peter Pakesch, Douglas Fogle, and Lauri Firstenberg ", Flash
Art, November-December, p. 59-61.
Zimmer, William, "Art: From Now and Then, Art That's Both
New and Novel", The New York Times, (Connecticut edition),
October 20, p.13
Frankel, David, editor. Artist to Artist: Ten Years of the
Marie Walsh Sharpe Space Foundation, Germany: Cantz, pp. 280-281.
Kent, Sarah, "Art Preview: Love", Time Out London,
April 10-17,No. 1651, p. 56.
Artist to Artist: Ten Years of the Marie Walsh Sharpe Space
Foundation, Ace Gallery, New York, NY (catalogue).
K48, No. 2 (Winter 2002).
La Rocco, Claudia. "Digital Art Works Its Magic on the Traditional
Art Landscape." Art Business News, December, pp. 44-46.
Moody, Tom. "Palo Alto Dreamin': Towards a New Digital Expression(ism)"
Art Papers, November/December,pp. 20-24.
"Images: Claire Corey", bkyn: an online journal of the
arts, v. 2, November 2001.
"News Briefs: Kudos", Artnews, October 2001. p. 62.
Hunt, David. "Claire Corey", Art & Text Magazine, August-October,
Kachka, Boris. "Benefit: Playing Favorites," New York Magazine,
Volume 34, Issue 28, (July 23): p. 91.
Wehr, Anne. "Events: Free Arts for Abused Children: A Few
of My Favorite Things." Time Out New York, no. 303
(July 12-19) p. 83.
Vincent, Steven. "The Art of Making It". Smock Magazine,
no. 3 (Spring/Summer 2001): p. 85.
Cash, Stephanie. "Front Page", Art in America, (June
2001): p. 23.
Johnson, Ken. "Art Guide-Galleries: Chelsea, 'Claire Corey
/ Robin Michals'," The New York Times, April 20.
Basha, Regine. "Art on the Verge - Claire Corey," NY City
Magazine, September/October, p. 32.
Viveros-Fauné, Christian. "Computer World: Digital
Art Invades Chelsea." New York Press, 13, no 5, (February):
cover, p. 5.
Johnson, Ken. "Art Guide-Galleries: Chelsea, 'Cyber Drawings',"
The New York Times, January 21, 2000, sec. D.
Laster, Paul. "Brooklyn Spice." ArtNet Magazine, October
"Sixth Annual New York Digital Salon." Leonardo, (MIT
Press Journals) 31, no. 5 (1998): p. 448.
McQuiston, Liz. Suffragettes to She-Devils: Women's Liberation
and Beyond. London: Phaidon Press, 1997, p. 148.